Saturday, June 02, 2007

TOTAL SWEET RANDOM

Ok, I just ran into somebody I know from the outside here in Alaska. I absolutely love the randomness of life. (btw, 'outsider' is what Alaskans call people from outside Alaska. From what I can tell, it takes two winters to become an insider).

I ran into Meghan Holten, a friend/acquaintance from Chicago, an old Hitchcockian from back in the day when I still lived there (utterly ages ago, for those of you currently reading this from Snitchcock). What are the odds!

Actually not so bad. She is from Alaska, and I remembered this, but I haven't had contact with her in 3 years (probably more) so it never even thought to look for her here. But there I was crossing the street that she's biking down. I look at her and she looks at me and she yells out "Sebastian!" Funny thing is she couldn't remember WHERE she knew me from. She asks if she knew me from camp, and I say no, Chicago, and she is blown away. Never before, she says, has her Alaska life and her Chicago life met! We then hung out for a little bit (there was a first Friday "art walk" going on, which was what I was doing before I ran into Meghan), and she continued to be disbelieving as to my presents.

Anyways, she's been living in Alaska again two years now. We exchanged numbers, and are going to hang out tomorrow at the 'Ocean festival'. I have my first Alaska friend!

TEST
oh, and I popped out that final test thing last night, no problem. I still *groan* have to turn in three readings summaries for the lectures I missed. This weekend I will get them done and then be completely over (for the summer).

PRANK CALLS, aka JUDGE LOVE
So I got a call at...I don't know, something in the 5 AM range. It was a group of scav judges joshingly asking me if I wanted to meet them for breakfast at Valois (in Chicago). Was I mad? Not a chance. Prank calls = judge love. Sebastian's heart is warmed. Judges totally rock.! And San Demis High School Football Rules!

-The Wandering Norseman-

No comments: