Thursday, February 22, 2007

Yo,

I'm in the middle of a take home exam. Thought I'd take a little blog break. Here the question-

"A travel organizer asks you to arrange a study tour to a place which you consider to be of importance from the perspective of comparative legal history. You decide to choose Istanbul. Write an essay in which you state the reasons for your choice."

kind weird, and yet, kinda cool. Alright, think about your answer. I'm going back to work.

-The Wandering Norseman-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because Istanbul was once Constantinople.

Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople.
Been a long time gone, Constantinople,
Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night.

That's why.

-Sarah

Ayn said...

While TMBG does provide an awesome answer, that is a pretty bizarre question. "We are making the decision for you, now tell us why you made it." They are basically asking you, "Why is Istanbul interesting from a legal perspective?" I don't know if that is cool or annoying.

Also, I almost spelled it "Instantbul."

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't go with TNBG, they've failed me once before on a test.

They need to rewrite the song as:

Constantinople was Byzantium
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople and Byzantium,
Why did Constantinople and Byzantium get the works?
Thats no body's business but the Turks.