Monday, February 19, 2007

Sorry about the inconsistency in posting. I got bogged down (or was it blogged down?) with the trip, wanting to finish it before starting again with my daily life. I do hope to be a regular sourse of classroom distraction and homework procrastination, so keep tuned in. Hopefully have a post every other day or so.

How have I been spending my time since I've been back? Scant little on classes. We had our last class last Wednesday, with a take home test this upcoming Thursday. That means lots of free time. I practice the Uke. I can play Somewhere over the rainbow like a master. I play right along with brother IZ on the CD. I also know how to play the old spider-man theme song by heart, and am working on other new song. I've also been watching lots of old episodes of Taz-Mania on youtube. I don't know how that started but once something like that gets in your head, you gotta ride it out or you'll go insane (starve a cold, feed a nostolgic childhood revival).

There are many Gaskes going on this weekend. A gaske is a formal dinner thrown by the nations. We're talking black tie, long dress, funny European sash formal. I unfortunately will not go, as I didn't buy a ticket in time. It's just as well, as I don't have a suit. There are still the "after-gaske" parties.

I have just been looking into Ryan Air. This is the hella cheap European air company. I had heard about it but frankly didn't believe. But now I have confirmed that I can get a round trip ticket to Dublin for like $30, after taxes. I am blown away with possibilities. I must plan a trip, but where? Anybody know any good places in Europe to suggest? Anybody know anybody else IN europes that I could meet up with, and upon whose couch I could sleep? Let me know.

-The Wandering Norseman-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I want to hear you play uke when you are back in the states! Rock on, Sebastian, rock on. Secondly, yes you do have to ride out those tv cravings sometimes. I got hooked on this anime show I started downloading from iTunes called Speed Grapher, and I couldn't stop until I had watched every episode it was possible to download. And lastly, doesn't one of Christian's brothers live in Europe; could you ask him to sleep on his couch? --megan

Anonymous said...

John Gab is in Berlin.

Sometimes I feel like you're going to school at Hogwarts based on your posts.

sarah

Pambdelurion said...

Yeah, my brother Connor lives in Amsterdam. So you know...still got to smoke.