Tuesday, April 24, 2007

SLICE OF LIFE
10 AM, Wake up. Spent the morning 'lounging', which consists of checking things on the internet (email, web comics, nytimes, dailyshow) interspersed with necessary morning things (breakfast, shower, getting dressed). I linger a little too long. At lunch at noon and then headed out the door to run some errunds.

12:15, I bike to town. Today is beautiful, so no coat. I wear tie-dye T over long sleave white, no cap. I want to look as bright and open as the day.

First stop, student center for free printing. I print out copies of my "Sebastian's Farewell pubcrawl" which will be a week from Wednesday. I have made a schedual which I will distribute to friends. This way, if they don't want to go to all 13 nation pubs for the 4 and a half hours I have slotted, they can look at the schedual and meet me at one or two of them. I run into Jeanette there. I seem to see her all over the place. She is the first to receive the flyer.

Next stop, the bank. I somehow got an old bill no longer legally circulated. I want to exchange it for a new one. While waiting, a high school group comes in for a tour. Swedish high schoolers look very 'punk'.

Done with errunds for the day, I head over to Värmlands to sit on their newly opened poach and enjoy a coffee. I meet my friend from class Anna (Australia). I sit and chat with her and her friend. It's funny how you can sometimes tell when you loose people in a conversation. When I was describing the different cultural versions of how to choose who is "it" in a game of tag, they were following. But when I started to describe the different strategic goals and related tactics of tag as I have analysed them, I lost them. Oh well. Then I sat and read for class.

3 pm, I have grown tired of my local. I take a bike ride following the river downstream. Down about 10 minutes or so I discover a skating park. I perch myself upon the top of a ramp and watch the skateboarders practice moves. The rolling of the wheels makes a nice background for some more studying (seriously). I alternate between reading and observing. There are kids learning to skate as young as 6, and he is utterly adorable.

4:30, my stomach growls. I head home. Check email (of course), and prepare dinner. Stir fryed veggies with shrimp and a sweet tai sauce, all put in a tortia. With milk (of course). Chat with Claire over whether we would choose to be men or women from birth. Then consult over fashion tips for this evening. She says wear cap. I agree.

7:15, go to meet Sophia (Sweden) for psuedo-date. It would be a real date, except I'm leaving next week and that kinda puts a damper on any sort of relationship. We walk along the river, sit and talk. Good time had by all.

10:30, arrive back home. Feel vaguely sad, watch a movie.

1:30 check email, update blog

2 AM, go to sleep.

No comments: