Tuesday, March 27, 2007

PROJECTS

Fellows got to do stuff to keep from being bored. (Still taking Swedish, started a new class “Law and Psychology”, more on that later)

I started the C-club at Ekeby. It all started when I noticed Ekeby resident Christian (France) had a sweater with a big ol’ ‘C’ on it, which struck me as highly cool and cartoon like. I asked if I could ever borrow his sweater, but demurred when I realized that I would have to (at least temporarily) change my name to something starting with a ‘C’, or the entire reason the shirt is cool would be negated! So I thought, what would my C name be? This lead me to asking others what their ‘C’ names would be. After much enquiries and chin scratching, I thought all wonderfully pointless thought should not be relegated to the land of past musings. So I started the C-club. As of now the club consists of a membership list, but the skies the limit on what we can do.

Work work working at Kalmars. Super busy last night, and short handed. I discovered a truth that I’m sure many a late night restaurant worker has realized- when cutting vegetables, rushing the job is counter productive. (True story, cut my finger, got the red onions even more so). Later on in the night, I thought what could make this dinner rush even more fun? Diner lingo! I am spearheading this initiative. There is the inherent huddle that most of the kitchen staff don’t speak English fluently. If they already have trouble with “Two Hamburgers, one with onions, and a Greek Salad”, “Kill two cows, make one cry, and a Trojan garden,” might be harder still. But I think it’s worth the effort. I’m making a list as we speak for easy reference. I’m thinking of calling the blueberry ice cream the Wanka special.

(side note- the r-s combination is Swedish is pronounced “sh”, So Kalmars is “Kalmarsh”.)

OH HEY! I wrote my first song for the Ukulele. I call it “Uppsala Uke”. It doesn’t have works yet. I might do that.

Here are some pics from my ski trip.

-The Wandering Norseman-





No comments: