Sunday, March 11, 2007

For no particular reason, I have made a series of anagrams with my name. They ranged over many types

Flattering descriptions
-a noble, sinless fate
-an elf o’ beastliness

Self-effacing
-I, notable falseness
-see banal loftiness

Sage advice
-abet a sinless felon

Secret fantasy
-felt one lesbian ass

Bizarre commands
-beat a sinless elf

And, my favorite, a description of my personal aspiration (more or less)
-Be sensational self

Send me YOUR interesting name anagrams, and get 25 Sebastian points.





The pictures are from a recent party at Värmlands. In one pic is (from left to right) Vitally, Pere, Thomas (Germany), and Philip. The next pic is Rita (Italy) with my hat on. I find it a good strategy if you want to dance with girls is to let them wear your hat.

Last night (Saturday) I stayed in for a little cultural exploration. First I watched the Swedish finals for “Euro Vision” with Sandra and Tina. Although they are Finnish, the Finns are still culturally very close to Sweden and both Tina and Sandra were quite interested in the results of this contest. What is Euro vision, you ask? I mentioned it before. It is like American Idol, but for all of Europe, and for group singers rather than individuals. It’s quite old. Apparently it started as people showing off their national singing traditions (contestants were required to sing in their native language, for example). Recently, it has evolved into a sort of gaudy, pop music competition with overtones of national rivalry. And everybody loves it. It’s like the Oscars or something We watched the finals and Sandra and Tina were getting WAY into it, and so I was too.

After this I went upstairs with the boys to watch a very important soccer match (so Pere tells me) between Madrid and Barcelona. This, too, was a cultural experience. It’s always exciting to see other people excited about something. The game ended in a 3-3 tie, which Sam (American) said was distinctly un-American. “In America, we need to have winners and losers in our sports!” Perhaps this is so.

-The Wandering Norseman-

5 comments:

Sarah said...

He rose as hell on a McRib.

Girl Noir said...

Gal slew men. :-)

Sebastian said...

absolutley perfect, Megan.

Sarah said...

Oh, so just because my anagram uses my middle name and makes little sense, I get no points . . . whatever, dude. Try this one on for size:

Hero bans oars.

No oars for you.

Sarah said...

Boars are nosh

Ah, arson robes!

and once more with the middle name:

Llama robs cheese rhino!

ok. I'm done for now.