Thursday, April 07, 2005

I struggle with the purpose of the blog.  Is it a mere newsletter of my doings in China for one and (anonymous) all?  Is it a medium for my personal rants, which to various degrees I'm sure others would find uninteresting?  As I'm sure you are aware, I have a, how do you say, more erratic, whimsical side which for 'official' purposes I suppress (as should be the case).  But I do that here.  Should that be so?

Rather than stick to orthodoxy and see this die from lack of interest on my part, I shall write how I feel.  This may be a change of tone.  But frankly due to internal filters and the fact that I'm aware

-hold on, someone's at the door-

-it was Michelle-

the fact that I'm aware that my father reads this blog will keep it mostly, uh, lucid.  No worries then.

Only thing to say then is that it was a beautiful day.  I spent a good portion on my little porch finishing the Foundation Trilogy.  Then I went for a walk and talk with the locals in Chinese, as my ability allowed.  Great pleasure. 

-The Wandering Norseman-

No comments: