Saturday, May 14, 2005

It's the beginning of the end. 

I've talked with at least one other person who agrees with me, so its not just my having recently come back from America.  The end of our time in China is in sight (now less than 2 months!) and so now its hard to get into a groove.  It would almost be better if we didn't know, and then just suddenly leave cuz we wouldn't be focused on it.  It really is short.  Only 5 weeks of teaching.  If I have 2 of those for the end of the year test, plus the last day for goof-off and/or movie watching, that means only 2 new lessons I have to make.  Now that's crazy to think about.

So my romance with China is winding down.  That's ok.  I've always been more this being a different culture than this particular different culture.  The particularities have lost their novelty.  But I still have many friends here, so that should be enjoyable.  And my books, and my DVDs, and email, and the internet...

I'm pleased with my Chinese skills.  First day back I walk into a store the women asks "Do you want a cola?" and I say "Not cola, I want bread" "Sorry, we're out of bread" all in Chinese.  Rock on.

 -The Ever Wandering Norseman-

No comments: