I am currently in Ted Stevens International Airport (oh yes, they renamed a building after a still living and seated politician) waiting to board my plan back home to Minnesota (via Houston).
I am excited to be going back, my time here has worn on me.
BUT, at the same time I've been having some of the best times of my time here this past week or so. I went to a wedding, and have been hanging out with my roommate Geo and his co-worker Sara a lot.
LAST NIGHT
Last night Geo and I went out for a final hurray. Even after Sara wimped out and we had to take the bus downtown, we were not to be deterred from our revelry. We ended up going to 'Humpy's' bar, which was having an open mic night. We split a pitcher between the two of us...then another, and some more beers still. I was having a gay ol' time.
One of the musicians said "OK, I'm going to give something away here" and I drunkenly said to Geo "I'm going to get it" and then the fellow said "who wants an etch-a-stetch?" and I yelled "ME!". And I got it.
Next was a cute girl musician. She sang purdy.
I thought to myself. "Cute girl...must find way to talk to her...think brain, think, how should I proceed?"
"I think you should you take another swig of beer"
"Good thinking, part of my brain that likes beer."
Then I got a brilliant idea: I etch-a-scetched the name Amber and then a heart.
When she got off stage I oh-so-casually sauntered over and said "I'm giving you my etch-a-stetch". As luck would have it, her name was in fact Amber and she thought my actions were endearing rather than creepy. Score.
We talked long and exchanged myspace addresses. Then she even drove me and Geo home, as we had long missed the last bus of the night.
-the Wandering Norseman-
No comments:
Post a Comment