Monday, February 14, 2005

I've been told I don't update my blog enough.  Sorry, its just that not much has been happening lately.

I went over to Max and Amy's for Chinese New Year.  We watched the offical New Years Eve show which (as some Chinese friends told us before) approximetly 1 billion other people were watching at the same time.  A little humbling.  It was basically your standard Chinese variety show (standard for me, anyways).  There were singers, dancers, Kung-fu performances and sketch comedy (I hate I hate I hate Chinese comedy.  They talk so loud!).  Of course this  being a nation wide broadcast being viewed by so many people it is the best of such a show.  There was this one dance number in which the people were all painted gold and were in these long single file lines, so from the front it looked like a many armed Hindu god dancing- very cool.  During one of the Kung-fu performances who should pop out of the back of the stage, Jackie Chan!  He then sang a song and seemed much suaver than he does in English.  A bunch of the Olympic gold medal winners came and did a skit, and a women came out and taught the audience to sing a song in sign-language (Chinese sign language is different than American sign language).  All good fun.  Then Max, Amy, and I went outside and light off some fireworks.  Fireworks, by the way, were going off constantly for about 4 hours around midnight, and began the next morning sometime after 8.  There are still many that go off sporadically to this day, almost a week later.

Otherwise not much has happened.  I cook every night, which I am very pleased with.  I think now I can competently stir-fry anything.  I've also been writing a lot.  I began an essay on time-travel which I think will turn out very good when finished.  I'm thinking about sending it into a sci-fi magazine or something for publication.  And of course reading and DVDs.  School starts in a week.

-The Wandering Norseman-

No comments: